Tuesday, October 06, 2015

How low can you go?

I was the first patient to have their blood drawn at our fertility clinic this morning. I was up even before the crack of dawn. (Okay, I usually am since I typically swim in the morning but still I'm trying to be dramatic here, people!)

The nurse called me mid-afternoon and told me " Your numbers are low and this means you should be getting your menstrual cycle any day now. Just continue to be patient!"

So, here I go back to twiddling my thumbs and waiting.... Chris and I are not surprised, actually, as all the usual signs that my cycle is on its way showed up on cue. I was moody and short tempered. (I actually feel like whacking him over the head with a frying pan, when he's being too much of a man and not listening to me, but I do refrain.... somehow...)

Then I get all lovey dovey and want to snuggle with him. I cuddle and tell him I love him. He is the best man in the whole world. So kind, sweet and sexy....

Next comes the "let's go in the bedroom!" moments which I won't explain further since you can all catch my drift there.

Lastly comes the weeping tears and blues... I feel so alone and that I am the only person in the whole world that can feel the way I feel.

When all of these things do start to happen, we recognize that my cycle must be just around the corner. Usually my cycle starts within a week or two...not this time! Hence my worry and concern -- I admit I am still feeling worry and concern.

So... I shall wait and try and de-stress some more. Thankfully, Chris and I have the day off from work tomorrow. It will be a day of shopping (stocking up on supplies and food for the next week and a half) and cleaning the apartment. Maybe I'll even do a little dancing while I clean! think awkward Elaine dancing from "Seinfeld" but instead of little kicks I do this butt wiggle thingy

As soon as "the eagle has been spotted" I will let y'all know. I know you're all just on the edge of your seats waiting in anticipation! ;) chuckles Yeah...right....

No comments:

Post a Comment