Thursday, October 15, 2015

Extraordinary Faith in a Supernatural God

Okay, I admit it, I cried on and off all day. Yup. Feeling pretty blue. I called the Fertility Clinic to be on the waiting list so that when the new law change takes affect eventually, if we can come up with $6,500, we can continue with IVF cycles.

We still get our one chance at this for sure, but we just don't know if we'll get a second chance squeezed in before the "awesome" law change. Yeah.... not feeling so awesome about it, can ya tell?

Apparently the waiting list is LONG and we are not sure if there's any priority to women who are already current patients at the IVF clinic.

Here is some information on their website...

I am a current OFC patient, how do I get onto the wait list?
  • If you have been seen by one of our physicians in the past year, you may contact their office to assess if you need updated pre-treatment testing and an IVF consent signing appointment. If you have never discussed IVF with your physician previously, you may need a follow-up appointment first. Your physician’s office administrator will direct you on how to proceed.
  • If you have not been seen by an OFC physician within the past year, you will need a new referral from your GP.
- See more at: http://www.conceive.ca/2015/10/08/october-8-update-on-ontario-ivf-funding-at-ofc/#sthash.G2kLI0rH.dpuf


I have a feeling that thousands of woman are already on the waiting list.... my chances of having more than one IVF cycle before I'm too "old" are slim to none. Still.... God is the God of impossible things. 

When I got home this evening, I took off my work shirt and rummaged through Chris' side of the closet. I had just wanted to put on one of his comfy t-shirts but when I saw his Superman T-shirt I was inspired. I know that The Lord God has supernatural powers and I am a child of God. Chris' t-shirt will keep me hoping....

Now, we are off the for the weekend (as of 8pm when we hand over the trusty On Call phone to our co-worker). We've had a long day of work and I feel the need to laugh and be happy about life instead of worrying about something I can't prevent or change. So... I'm going to challenge Chris to a game! Oooh I am excited! "The Game of Life" here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment