Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Waiting for Aunt Flo

Well, our fertility drug counselling session was bumped up a day!

They originally moved the appointment time for tomorrow from 1 pm to 2 pm and we were fine with that change. We had moved our usual day off this week from Wednesday to Thursday to accommodate this appointment. Then, this morning I get a call from the clinic asking us if we can come in either today or Friday instead. So, we got the okay from our co-worker that he could work the day alone and we switched our day off
back to today.

The appointment was just to go over the drug information. We arrived at the clinic a little early on purpose to pick up our drugs from the pharmacist. I will be on Gonal-F at 112.5 units and then after 3 or 4 days add a second drug called... Cetrotide...yes, that's it.

The second drug will only be introduced after an ultrasound is done to see how body is reacting to the Gonal-F. Gonal-F will enhance my follicle growth. Apparently, it's likely I will really produce a lot of follicles as my follicles looked awesome when they checked my Fallopian tubes during that session where they pushed water through them to see if they were any blocks. The doctor performing the ultrasound that day stated how wonderful my follicles looked, so that's promising.

I have a feeling it'll be very, very uncomfortable once the follicles start to grow. As Carrie Sue from the YouTube videos "a Sue and a Jay" stated "it feels like a softball is stuck up there inside me".

Back to the drug information from today. We were taught how to prepare the syringes and needles and also how to inject them. (We used a pink foam puck as my guinea pig for my stomach). I will admit I am a little too enthusiastic with the needle puncturing part. I thought I'd have to really jam it in my skin before pressing down on the syringe to inject the drugs, but no..... the first time I pulled back to plunge the needle in the puck I stabbed my thumb instead. It didn't hurt, just shocked me! Chris chastised me dearly and I was thoroughly embarrassed (but kindly). Eventually I got it through my head that I needed to have "less oomph" in my abilities. I think I got it right in the end....

Now we are just waiting for Aunt Flo to arrive. I never thought I'd want to see Aunt Flo. (AF) But this time I'm hoping she comes on time (for the last two months I started at about the 29/30th of the month).

So, here I sit and wait...twiddles thumbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment