Tuesday, September 01, 2015

The Call


Got the call!!! bounces with excitement

Our fertility doctor's receptionist called me at 1:45 pm and squee! we received my CF results back! I do not carry the CF gene which means we do not have to worry about our children having CF even though Chris is a carrier. bounces with more excitement

She then said we will receive a call next week to set up our first appointment to continue on with our IVF/ICSI process. I'm assuming that means we will set up a time to go through our "IVF Counselling" in order to fully understand the IVF process and our roles in that process.

bounces just a little more...

When I told Chris the good news a whole hour after the phone call (he was busy in the compactor room) all he could say was, "Holy crap!" for a few minutes and finally "I need to get the baby room cleared out. I need to finish it." I told him he needed to finish sorting and selling his baseball and hockey cards. He didn't seem so pleased with that prospect but he knows I'm right. It's time to sell them. We will use the money to buy a baby crib.

Chris and I needed this good news... We really did... Praise God.....! Thank you Jesus! Hallelujah!!!

I am on my second month of menstrual cycles while taking the prescription drug medroxyprogesterone acetate (or "uterine medication" as Chris so aptly put it just now). This stuff is strong and it totally keeps me within walking distance of a bathroom every 120 mins. This whole shedding my thickened uterine lining business is not for wusses! You really have to be committed and stock up on those extra thick overnight with wings menstrual pads or you're screwed! Chris has learned very quickly which pads I need for which part of my cycle... the poor man is like every other husband in the world. Whenever I send him to the store alone, he'll call just to verify, "They're purple right? Is it okay if don't have wings?"

"No!" I respond in a panicky voice, "They must have wings otherwise they're ineffective! Please find the ones with wings in the purple color, hon. I swear they are there."

Once he even asked another woman in the store if he was getting the right ones, just to be sure. Chuckles...

So, with all that being said, Chris and I will have to celebrate this awesome news very soon! Maybe a candlelit dinner or a weekend away... grins I'll make it a night my husband can't soon forget!




No comments:

Post a Comment