Thursday, September 10, 2015

Tranquilizer

This is such a scary word!

Apparently, I am going to be shot in the butt cheek with a tranquilizer.

chin quivers

Can you imagine the amount of pain that my body will endure just to remove my cute little tiny eggs will require a tranquilizer shot?!

Yes, I am terrified.

The Fertility Clinic made Chris and I watch this video of all the different steps we will take when going through IVF/ICSI so we are aware of the step-by-step action to get from Point A (not ovulating or pregnant) to Point B (ovulating and then quite possibly pregnant). Also within these videos we watched they mentioned the egg retrieval day. Then they said that Big Scary Word, Tranquilizer, and my itty bitty head screamed silently in horror and I honestly didn't hear another word after that. I sat there and panicked inside for the next two hours.

Chris kept telling me to calm down and that I'd be "fine".

"FINE?!" I wanted to shout at him, "Do you know how much pain my body must have to endure to deem a tranquilizer necessary to do this procedure?" I mean really, all Chris has to do is give another live sperm sample and hold my hand. *gulps* I........on the other hand..........

takes a deep breath

It's been five whole days since we heard about the tranquilizer and I gotta say I"m not any happier now, five days later, than I was about this prospect.

........................Why couldn't they have just said the word sedative? I wouldn't be so terrified, lying in bed at 3 am thinking of the word sedative, would I?

I will do anything for my babies........even allow the doctors to give me a tranquilizer shot in my butt, but I'm tellin' ya, I'm not happy with this whole scenario at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment