Saturday, July 04, 2015

Weight Loss Continues


Whoo hoo! Twelve pounds lost thus far! *little happy dance* 

I know! It is amazing! 

Thanks you Jesus!

And how am I doing this you ask? Think of Dory from "Finding Nemo". Yep, you got it. "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..."


I'm doing 100 laps almost everyday. Occasionally work interferes with my swimming time but I try hard to stay consistent and get back in the pool as quick as I can.

Thankfully our apartment building has an indoor pool. It's kept at a lovely temperature and although it's usually regularly by all of our tenants I wouldn't say it's overly busy. Most of the time, I try and swim before I start my work day. 

I'm up at 5:30 am and spend an hour in the pool. Sometimes, I'll finish my laps in the evening, after work. Wherever I can fit in the time, I'll jump back in the pool and to be honest, if I'm away from the pool for too long I start to get antsy and miss it. 

I use the time in the pool as wisely as I can. As I swim freestyle (front crawl) I'll pray for all the family and friends that come to mind. Also I do a lot of visualising. I visualise how it'll feel to fit back into clothing I've hung onto for many years, stuffed at the back of my closet just waiting to be worn again. I visualise playing with our children on the floor with ease, able to get up and down from the carpet without any difficulty or huffing and puffing.

I think about how much strong my body is getting everyday. When I first started swimming, I could barely get through 20 laps without feeling exhausted. My strokes were sloppy and all over the place. There wasn't a rhythm to my attempt at co-ordination or breathing. I kept trying though, going back day after day. 

Now I don't care who else in the pool. Although I'm polite to all of our tenants, the "regular" swimmers know I'm there on my own time and I have a goal in mind; 100 laps for that day. My strokes are smooth and powerful now. I take less time between laps to rest my body. I truly am starting to notice the changes for the good!

My clothes are looser on me. In fact, my underwear kept falling down! Haha! It's not much but... obviously the change in weight is slow and steady. (I have bought new underwear, too!) Also, my bras will need changing in the next few months..I can already see a change there as well... I have just recently bought a smaller size swim suit and I must say I think I look fabulous in it! :) (Chris was speechless when he first saw me in the new black and blue bathing suit. He said things I can't mention here, but I will say those words made me giggle like crazy! My hubby is awesome!)

I celebrate the little victories of progress and I think that is what is making the difference this time around. I started out at 182 lbs. I weighted myself yesterday morning and the scale read 170.6 lbs! (I will admit it read 171.3 lbs this morning, but a little fluctuation is always expected.)

I have a new tenant who is moving into today. Once she is settled I plan on getting back in the pool and swimming another 100 laps....maybe even 120! ;)

Every step of progress is a step of faithfulness in The Lord. I thank God constantly for His strength. I honestly couldn't make the changes in my food choices or enthusiasm for swimming without Him. I am amazed and his faithfulness. :)

(Side note: Chris is also losing weight. He is now down from 194 to 189.5 lbs! Although Chris isn't working out, per se, our jobs as superintendents of our building gives him a daily workout in a more natural way. I am proud of my husband.. Love that man...!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment