Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Silent prayers

Our pool, isn't it lovely?

Most mornings I wake up, stumble into the bathroom to change into my bathing suit and head down to the pool. Honestly, I abhor getting up before I have to start my work day but once I am downstairs and see the glorious pool, still and inviting me in, I can't resist. 

That first dip....oh how sweet it is...! Thankfully it's kept at a really nice temperature and regardless of the season, after just a few laps I'm quite warm and comfortable. 

Most days I put in a 100 laps but there are some days I'm only able to do 50 laps. Our work schedule is demanding and even "after hours" we're truly not done our work day since we are superintendents. 

I do what I can, when I can... but still the weight is not coming off as I would like. I have lost about 10 to 12 pounds, depending on the day, but can't seem to dip under the 170 lb mark. GRRRR!

Everyday I trust in the Lord is another day of success, but I do have my moments of feeling awfully frustrated!

My husband has not received his Cystic Fibrosis testing back yet, but we have received one test back. The secretary's email we received yesterday said this, "genetic tests - the Y Chromosome Microdeletion test came back and it is normal." 

I have no idea what a microdeletion test is nor do we know it was being performed! :) As it turns out -- thanks to Wikipedia -- it has something to do with Chris' low sperm count.... yay for being normal...?

Still though...the CF testing.......everyday we don't get the result back means another day closer to the law changing to eliminate our possibility of three chances with IVF through OHIP.... This waiting...hoping and more waiting is driving me crazy. I want action. I want to be doing something.......but all I can do is swim, pray and wait patiently. 

*stifles a scream* I don't do very well with waiting patiently. Chris will tell you I'm an action girl. I expect things done in a timely, logical manner. I expect this at work (as he is my co-worker) and I expect it in our personal life too........of course.........I obviously do not control whoever doles out the test results at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto. 

We are just a number, an email request they received daily from a doctor amongst many request for test results. The hospital has no idea how time sensitive these results are to our possibilities of children, nor do they care. 

Thankfully God cares..............I pray often, daily.......several times a day, as a matter of fact....when I swim, when I eat, when I breathe......

I am so glad for our very busy and demanding job to distract both of us. There is always something needing our attention, so I just give my attention to that demand and need of another person as much as I possibly can...

God hears my silent, wordless prayers.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment