Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Results the day after my 37th birthday

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." 


Corrie Ten Boom


Our fertility doctor calls us today with the results of my biopsy and Chris' sperm unfreezing "test".

Do you want the good news or the bad news first? Hmmm......

Well the good news is Chris' last sample of sperm was more successful, as I mentioned in my last blog post. He was able to donate 4 units which was 2.4 million sperm! There were 80,000 live sperm in just one unit to choose from. The remaining three units of frozen sperm can be utilised for the IVF cycles once we get started. 

I will say, Chris puffed out his chest a little when he heard that news on speaker phone. I think men still have that stigma in our society that they need to be show their manliness by how many offspring they can produce -- or potentially produce in this case. 

Chris is a good man and I'm thrilled we will be able to have good match making sperm to choose from on The Big Day. 


Now for the bad news.........It's not terrible news but it is something to be aware of and take action on after baby making is done.

My lovely uterus is not shedding its uterine lining appropriately and in turn this means estrogen is building up in my system. The doctor was perplexed by this because I did have a Mirena IUD for 4.5 years which should have correctly solved any...estrogen issue I could possibly have had. (I didn't even know I had an estrogen build up potential problem.)

What this boils down to is my cells are normal. NO potential cancer! PRAISE JESUS!!! But there is a greater possibility of cancer growth when I'm in my 60s or 70s. How we will combat this potential problem? I will start taking a new medication 10 days a month which should "release" some of the estrogen. Also, after pregnancy I'll go back to using a Mirena IUD or perhaps get a hysterectomy. 

I'm troubled by the news... it puts some fear in my thoughts. Chris and I prayed after disconnecting with the doctor and feeling a little overwhelmed by everything. Still though... I need to feel The Lord's arms around me. I feel a little unsteady on my feet in this moment....

Thank God... thank God for the right testing to find out this information now, when we know what preventative steps we can take in our future. Thank you Jesus for this knowledge. Knowledge is power...

Luke 10: 41-42 "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." 

In the coming days, I'll be soaking up the Lord's words... I'm needing to sit at His feet while I take in this news.





No comments:

Post a Comment