Monday, February 08, 2016

"Rubber Butt" the suitcase said...

Chris' inter-muscular injection education was way more interesting than I expected it to be. I'm glad I went with him since I have always been the one to prepare most of the syringes for our fertility drugs.

Today's nurse had a dummy with her. Well...technically just a quarter of a dummy. She pulled out this heavy blue suitcase that had "Rubber Butt" label on it. I thought of Shana and all the jokes she would've most likely said right about now if she had been with me.

I looked at the nurse with a curious you've-got-to-be-kidding-me expression on my face. She was deadpan in response.

It was a rubber butt...literally.... I mean I thought maybe it was her nickname or something "Hey, Rubber Butt come check this chart out! This patient's bio is a hoot!" but no... just a butt...inside a blue suitcase...

The butt had blue and black marker lines on the right cheek. There was a cross like blue mark sectioning off four cheek quadrants and in the top right square a round black "target" area was circled. She began to explain it was imperative Chris use this target area on both cheeks when injections were done. Our goal was to avoid the muscle nerve running through the middle of our cheeks.

Very similar to today's rubber butt

Thankfully, we came home with detailed butt injection instructions, but we won't start with these injections until the results from Friday's ultrasound come back "clean" of fluid.

I did voice our frustration about this morning's ultrasound result. Our afternoon nurse seemed to be unfazed by the fluid and stated "that's something that does happen sometimes." with a little shrug of her shoulders. I'm hoping she wasn't trying to just set us at ease and it really and truly is "no big deal".

I guess we will see.... Not much we can do about it until Friday. Thankfully, I think this week we'll be a busy work week. We have enough going on here to keep us distracted the majority of the time.

We are still feeling frustrated and numb but we've decided to keep praying through this difficult time. It's hard to know what to pray for exactly, but we just keep repeating, "Your will, Lord" and our hope is that His will, will be the children our hearts already long for.

G'night all...love you...!

No comments:

Post a Comment