Thursday, February 18, 2016

Irish Luck

I took a dollar store pregnancy test at lunch today and it came out negative. Off I raced to google to see if I could find out any info and came across this information in a post:

"It can take 3-5 days for the embryo to implant and another 5 days at least for the hormones to show up on a blood test and even longer for them to be strong enough to show up on a HPT."

I guess I just have to wait until the March 1st blood test to see if it shows a strong enough test.... Oh I hate this waiting!

I will say I'm feeling some symptoms of pregnancy but they could be drug related, too. Even before Embryo Transfer Day on Tuesday I had sore nipples and boobies... I won't go into too much detail since we probably do have one or two men that read this, but it has been difficult to deal with this problem.

I will have to buy bigger sized bras and panties already. Everything is tight and uncomfortable. I didn't think I'd have to do that for months yet!

I am not feeling queasy yet, but I do feel a pretty regular "pressure" in my belly... sometimes I mistake it for having to go to the bathroom during the day. 

*sigh* I just wish we knew NOW...but Chris is believing.... Oh it's so hard....the not knowing is killing me! 

We have given the baby a nickname already until we know if it's a boy or a girl.   

Clover for Chris is Irish and we hope the luck of the Irish will be with us with God's constant blessing.

Lastly, I am actually in my third week in my first trimester, which is quite confusing for most folks. Did you know during your first week you're not actually pregnant? Yep, the first week of "pregnancy" is when you're ovulating and your body is preparing for you to have sex and make a baby. Then the magical moment happens between husband and wife! cue romantic music here During your second week the little egg becomes and embryo, as it travels down the Fallopian tube, beginning to grow cell by cell until it reaches the uterus where it finds a home attached to your side. 

So, if you think about --

Week One or so was the start of all my fancy expensive drugs.

Week Two has already happened when we removed the Eggs from my Follicles and grew the Eggs in a petri dish, allowing the Eggs to mature to a "Five Day Blastocyst" gestation. They then froze the embryos in status until ready for use.

Now, placing this already Five Day Blast embryo, "Clover" continued to grow on Day 6 (Embryo Transfer Day Tuesday) and Day 7 (Wednesday) 

Today is the first day of week three!

I do hope to start feeling symptoms soon.... 

Dear God....hear our prayer.....

Love you guys... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment