Monday, February 08, 2016

Frustration and Numbness

Pure frustration. That's what I'm feeling. Chris is feeling numb. You just get to a point where bad news just doesn't even penetrate anymore. I don't think I've ever wanted to swear at a doctor so much than I have today -- and that's saying something because I've seen A LOT of doctors in my lifetime with all my medical issues.

Today's ultrasound showed more fluid in my uterus. Yup, go ahead and say it. I have said it too. Dangnabit is the nice way to put it!

What does this mean? We don't even really know. When we were done with the blood work and ultrasound, we were ushered into one of the little consultation rooms where we sat and sat and sat waiting for our doctor. I told Chris he was probably looking at my ultrasound now and seeing the fluid that I could very visibly see when my exam was going on. I knew he was going to see fluid again. I just seem to have really crappy luck with all this...

Doc came in and talked about the fact that some people with blocked Fallopian tubes do have fluid in their uterus. Most people that have this issue have blockages further up the Fallopian tubes but because my blockage is right at the "shoulder" of the tubes this can't be the reason for the fluid. Then, doc just looked at me, stumped, unable to figure out what to say next. It's quite obvious to Chris and I that they don't know what's wrong with me or how to fix it.

When I look at "fluid in the uterus" in google lots of things about "cancer" come up, but that has been ruled out, several times now. What else could it be? We can't proceed until the fluid is gone.

I am to go in again on Friday @ 7:20 am for another ultrasound. He's hoping to fluid will be gone by then.

In the meantime, we are going back to the fertility clinic for our afternoon appointment at 1:45 today so Chris can have his "inter muscular injection education" and we've also been instructed to continue to take 2 mg of estrogen 3 times per day until Friday.

I'm so sick of these little estrogen pills........after awhile it gets a bit painful putting them inside of me over and over again....sigh....

We are not giving up.......but I'm hoping all of you good friends and family will allow us to lean on you right now. We're feeling pretty beat up and defeated. *Sniffle* I admit I'm near tears as I type this.

I love you guys......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment