Monday, January 18, 2016

Mix-Up

There was a mix-up. I don't know if I screwed up or it was the doctor....Perhaps it was both of us!

Anyway, the ultrasound took place BUT it was the wrong kind of ultrasound. I am supposed to have another water test ultrasound done. Y'know the one where they tested out my Fallopian tubes to see if there were any blockages with the saline water? Well, they're doing that kinda test again but this time, to check out the uterine lining.... We're still confused because this test is supposed to tell us if I have fluid in my uterus.... scowls.... This makes no sense.....

I will say the incorrect ultrasound today -- the "normal" type of ultrasound -- showed no fluid in my uterus but I guess they want a more extensive ultrasound done on Thursday. So, I'm going back on the 21st @ 1:30 pm for that....

I'm getting kinda stressed. Our boss yelled at Chris today... She said something about "You're taking a lot of time off for IVF, and I'm happy you're doing it, but you need to step it up in the building." There was yelling and ranting after that... Honestly Chris does A LOT in this building. More than most superintendents. She threatened to come by on weekends to make sure he's doing his job properly. shakes head As for IVF Chris has only taken 4 days or half days off. Mostly half days... She is stressed and ranting because her bosses are showing up this week, but that's unprofessional of her to take her stress out on my husband. Chris just kept his mouth shut and let her rant, but the first words he said to me when he got back to my office were, "We're quitting today."

With all this going on, I'm getting more stressed myself... I was about ready to cry today when they told us that I had to come back on Thursday in the middle of the day for another ultrasound. I always have to work doubly hard when I return to the office and catch up for the rest of the day. There is no one to take over my position regularly. I am the only woman that runs the office and building. When I'm not there something always goes haywire! (It's not that I think I'm the only one that can do this job, it's just that I am the only woman that is doing this job. Normally there are two full superintendent couples to run a building this size. We have 2.5 people...we're short another woman to take my place. I'm doing the job of two people.)

Furthermore, I am now taking a new drug called "Estrace" which is estrogen. Estrace will start out in small doses twice a day for several days and increase to three times a day with double the dose.... When we increase it I go from an oral pill to a vaginal pill.  shudders Ick....

Great, now I'm going to be extra weepy, wishy-washy and down right crabby for the next month. I don't know if our marriage will survive that!

Then on February 8th we return to the clinic at some awful hour in the morning, almost before any crow of a rooster, to take a blood test and another normal ultrasound to check out my uterine lining. (They want to see it plump up in size from the estrogen pills). If all is good, we then return to the office again the afternoon (same day) so Chris gets his "education" for an inter muscular needle drug... (We thought his education would be today)

We will have to take Feb 8th off completely to accommodate both appointments as I need to be there for the afternoon education appointment so that Chris can administer the first shot of this drug on that same day. I know that our boss won't like we will be taking off a WHOLE DAY for the two of us on this day..... It's so stressful being worried about all this on top of the IVF/ICSI process itself....

I'm rambling, I know.... but.... I don't know what else to do.... near tears and feeling overwhelmed.... Even just hearing she yelled at Chris about all of this just hurts my heart for him/us....

Praying....

Update: A wonderful church friend is driving me and staying with me for my appointment on Thursday! Chris was worried I'd be at my saline/water test ultrasound alone. It'll be a more painful ultrasound...he worries y'know.... Anyway, thank you dear sister in Christ. You are wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment