Saturday, December 05, 2015

Surviving Eggs

Morning everyone!

I'm feeling much better than I thought I would by now. I'm still feeling lots of tugs, pulls and cramping but not too much... just every once and awhile. I've had period pain worse than this.

I will say, I love my recliner. grins I'm able to sit at just the right position to be comfortable and not feel any pain. I still do purposefully get up and walk around every so often, to keep things moving. Yesterday I wasn't able to stand up completely straight. I was kinda hunched over a bit like Quasimodo; hanging on to Chris or furniture as I walk.

I think the most painful thing is when I lie down in bed. Just going from a completely vertical position to a horizontal position makes those slightly sharp twinges full blown twinges that make me moan and squirm a little.

I'm keeping food down all right. I'm having small meals... I started with dry toast and Chris' homemade soup. Last night I had a real meal of pork roast, "chippies" (sliced thin potatoes seasoned and baked til crispy) and a few California veggies. I only ate half the piece of pork roast and small portions of the usual size. (Mostly just in case I felt sick)

I kept that down okay. Chris gave me dry toast this morning and then a little later on a scrambled egg with a slice of thin crispy ham.

The major news about my body is I have been able to use the washroom successfully! I know...too much information, but it was something I was worried about.

I am to still watch out for symptoms of OHSS. They've given me a chart to follow, if I have any of the symptoms. I need to monitor myself over the next week or two, pretty much until I have my next cycle.

The biggest thing I've been told is: drink lots of liquids! 2 to 3 litres/day. sigh I've never been good about keeping up with water intake........grumbles I'll try my best though.

This is what our embryo's look like on Day 1 (today)
So, onto the fun stuff! Out of the 32 eggs they were able to retrieve yesterday 18 look like they've survived and are usable. I know! Eighteen! So they will be continue to grow them, along with Chris' sperm inside 'em to maturity until Day five. (Wednesday) On Wednesday they'll let us know how many have survived this five day growth and how many they'll actually get to freeze. The more they freeze the better because only 88% of embryos survive freezing. 

They'll be waiting a few months to put an embryo baby back inside of me. This is not a quick process. We have an appointment with our doctor in January to follow-up and schedule that next step, but until then it'll just be recovering and avoid OHSS symptoms (hopefully). We are using the tortoise racing method as opposed to the hare racing method. Well, the tortoise won in the end, didn't he?

Chris is working today. Yup he is on fully duty 24/7. They didn't give us much time, did they? No... they really didn't.... Thankfully I'm doing okay physically so far, so I just hope that continues to go well...

I'll be resting and sleeping a lot today, but plan to make a lap or two around the apartment just for good measure as well.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for Chris and I and our little embryo family. :)

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!Happy to hear that things are moving forward! Short term pain for long term gain! He is faithful! Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete